The main advantages of working with the Yandex advertising network are simple setup, a large audience. In many subjects the visitor’s price is cheap. And "cheap" is not a form of speech, in many niches the cost of a visitor’s transition to your website may be less than 1 ruble.
The Yandex Advertising Network is a system that, through partnership with thousands of website and application owners, allows you to display advertisements to the audience of these projects. Advertising blocks are placed on the site; every time a user clicks on an advertisement, the site owner and Yandex share your money.
All projects are manually moderated, and you can be sure that at least at the time of filing an application for participation in the YAN, the sites on which the ads are shown were good. I focus on this moment, because many sites are too overcrowded with advertising, including YAN, and you must have seen them.
As an advertiser you don’t have to worry about this, for such sites there are decreasing factors, about this later in the article. In most cases, advertising looks correct and complements the main content:
What else you need to know about YAN - the audience of partner sites and Yandex partially overlaps, but even with the intersection of more than two thirds of this audience, you can only catch in YAN.
Audience data is taken from official site
It can be seen from the graph that even if the intersection of audiences is to be credited in favor of the “Yandex” audience, it turns out that about 50 million visitors see advertisements on the websites every month. And while they are not users of "Yandex", that is, they do not see ads on the search. The reasons for this:
- Use Google, Rambler or Mail.ru as the main search engine;
- Roam the usual sites and forums, bypassing the search engines. Not every day to look for something;
- Few use the Internet due to age. One of my fairly wealthy acquaintance went "to the Internet" from a shortcut on the desktop, which immediately opened the browser to the site he needed (the second shortcut led to the mailbox). At the same time, a lot of marketers would be happy to show him their advertisements at least somewhere, but it was only possible to “get through” to him through YAN.
- About the quality of advertising sites
- Setting up advertising in YANA step by step
- Impressions Schedule and Geo Targeting
- Show Management
- Phrase optimization
- Special settings
- Setting up ads for display in YAN
- Settings for the whole group
- Price per click - we set bids
- Should UTM tags be placed in YAN ads?
- How much does advertising in Yandex.Direct cost? Budget calculation and forecast of applications
- Topics where YAN can bring leads for pennies
- Run and test
- How to set up retargeting?
- How to check the performance of the performer, if you give the setting and outsourcing?
- Ad examples
- Check list
Why does a niche decide?
During the 6 years of working with Yandex Direct (advertising on the Yandex search pages) and YAN, I was convinced that in general there are three advertising scenarios that can be seen in the first 2-4 weeks after launch:
- Advertising works with a profit of 150% of the costs and above. That is, for every ruble invested, one and a half rubles of profit is obtained. I personally had examples with a 500% return on advertising in conservative niches, but this is the exception rather than the rule.
- Advertising is completely unprofitable. And not necessarily because of the setup curve, errors, poor conversion on the site. Almost always the reason in the business model. It so happens that for the sale of a product or service worth 1000 rubles you need to spend 2000.
- Advertising works in zero, plus or minus. Here you can test, experiment, improve, but most likely, at best, you will be able to draw up to 130% on profits.
And I constantly see these three scenarios in different niches. And here you just need to accept something that you just could not get lucky with the niche of your business. For cheap consumer goods with penny profit, the cost of a click can be higher than in a niche with millions of budgets:
The first request in the screenshot is the sale of very expensive consumables for production. To evaluate your niche in a nutshell, enter the main queries in the Yandex budget forecast and look at the prices for the “1st place” and “guaranteed impressions” lines.
At the same time, in order to understand how advertising works in your subject matter, you need to check it separately for advertising on search and for advertising in YAN. Read more about setting up advertising Yandex Direct for display on a search you can read in this article.
The reason I recommend trying advertising on both search and YAN is for different audiences. You can get completely different results, the cost of a lead can vary 5-10 times. Why it happens?
On the job search is mainly with "hot" demand. Hence, higher competition and cost per click. Usually higher and conversion to an order or request. There are situations when searching for advertisers is more than 100 and they only increase the cost of a click, and in YAN is empty, or the advertisement is lightly set up.
In YAN, advertising is shown in three main scenarios:
- Behavioral advertising. You were looking for refrigerators - and now on many sites they show you ads for refrigerators.
- Retargeting advertising. You went to specific sites - and you are shown advertising these sites.
- Subject advertising. On the websites about doors and locks advertising of doors and locks will be displayed.
And each of these scenarios gives its share of customers.
About the quality of advertising sites
Many sites take part in YAN. How is their quality regulated? Many advertisers are not willing to pay for random clicks on sites where visitors are misleading, adjusting ad units to the color scheme and appearance of the site.
Back in 2016, at one of the Yandex conferences, the work of reducing factors for low-quality sites was announced. (Who cares - from the 9th minute in the video "High bar: what is high-quality advertising"). Here are a couple of important slides:
If, when switching from site No. 1, the conversion to an order on the advertiser's site is 2 times higher than when moving from site No. 2, the cost of click 2 for site No. 2 will be reduced by 2 times.
There is also a second factor - these are changes in the price of a click for different audiences. If the data from Yandex shows that the audience of the site is out of the general picture for the subject matter and this is bad for clicks and conversion, the price of the click can again be reduced.
And it works. I constantly communicate with many site owners, whose income is advertising on their projects. And in the same topics, the price per click can vary up to 10 times. Advertisers benefit because they do not overpay for advertising on projects of medium and low quality.
Now the same, but short.
The price of a click on a steep thematic portal on the “Moscow window companies rating” page will be higher, because these are targeted visitors and a warm audience that converts well.
And the price of a click on an info-project filled with advertising on the page “how to adjust the PVC window itself” will be several times (sometimes 10 or more times) lower, because the site is thematic, but the visitors are untargeted, they find it difficult to sell the service, they order advertisers less on websites.
Setting up advertising in YANA step by step
I described the main parameters of the advertising campaign in one of the past articles, so in order not to repeat - I will describe the main points, and it is better to read in detail about each setting item by the link.
Impressions schedule and geotargeting
Dates of carrying out - from what date will the commercials begin.
Time targeting - the days and hours of advertising. You can either disable ads at all at certain times. You can also:
- For "hot" hours, set a higher rate per click up to 200% of the initial one;
- For untargeted time, lower the rate to 10% of the initial.
I urge you to be very careful in choosing the geography of the show. Living in the provinces, I regularly see ads for Muscovites, and in such niches where this can be explained either by stupidity or by sabotage. I understand that advertising budgets in Moscow are large, but this is not a reason to show advertisements "Gazelle for an hour in Moscow" for 1000 kilometers from it.
Even if you work across the country, immediately cut off the regions from where you have low (or no) conversion into orders, or create a separate advertising campaign for them.
If you don’t want to make separate campaigns, set reduction factors for "weak" regions:
For ad impressions only in the YAN network, in the "Show ads" setting, select "Only in networks". As for the strategies of the show - I have worked out 2 of them the best:
- Manual bid management (you need to independently track the most effective phrases);
- Average conversion price (the system will adjust the rates so as to maximize the likelihood of a targeted visit). To do this, you need to set up goals in Yandex.Metrica.
The second option has one drawback - it does a good job on small sites where there is not much variation in the value of the application or order. For a large online store where you can buy from a climbing carbine to a tent for 120,000 rubles, you will have to create several campaigns and set up many goals.
I also recommend starting with a minimum daily budget of 300 rubles. If you do not set this limit, you may find that the entire balance amount has been “leaked” in a day without receiving anything. In general, a good option for beginners to choose such settings:
Distributed mode means that a huge amount of 300 rubles will be spent more or less evenly in one day, and not in the first hour.
Be sure to learn in "Metric" which audience is converted into leads best and worst of all (gender and age). For both audiences, set downs and ups in the Rate Adjustment block.
One of the most undervalued types of customization for local businesses is rate adjustments for audiences. In fact, with this tool, you can assign a priority to a specific user segment. Previously, it was necessary to "conjure" with the settings of retargeting, but there was an opportunity only to work with those who have already visited your site. In the target audience block, you can create a group of users using data such as:
- Phone numbers, email addresses, data of the external CRM system (the only condition is at least 1000 entries);
- Based on Yandex.Metrica data (you can set retargeting conditions for all ads in a campaign, not piece by piece);
- Based on geolocation. For example, you can show ads only to visitors of the shopping center and its surroundings.
Also do not forget on the same principle to adjust the rates for mobile devices:
Be sure to enable the "Stop ads when the site is down" option.
Minus phrases when displayed in YAN allow you to cut off the pages where the query and the minus phrase occur. For example:
- For any repair services, you can add in the minus the phrase "independently", "most";
- For travel services, set non-target months.
By minus words, you can use the operators "", ,! and +. In order not to retell the help "Yandex" - I will say briefly. They allow you to add in a minus words phrases, word forms, words in a certain order. For details with examples, see the help.
I will only say about the importance of minus words, the allowable 20,000 characters are not always enough:
You can read about my detailed description of the "Business Card", "Metric Counters" and "Notifications" blocks in my previous article. These blocks are configured the same for both the YAN and the shows on the search.
After receiving the first statistics, I recommend adding sites from which there were more than 100-200 transitions, but there were no conversions and sites, the bounce rate during the transition from which is much higher than the rest, in the “Forbidden sites and external networks” special settings block.
It is very important to decide which sites are considered to be of poor quality for your project personally (when you can say for sure that such a failure rate is high, or such a conversion is less than acceptable). With good preparation, such sites can not be found:
Why pulling on the ears? On video sites, random clicks on advertising are normal. At the same time, the depth of viewing, time on the site and data on targets are not out of the big picture.
It is better not to consider ads of competitors that are stopped. For example, one of your competitors put a price of 30 rubles per click, and at 8 am already leaked the entire budget, its advertising is not shown. Why would you consider his bet?
At this campaign settings are finished, go to setting up ads.
Setting up ads for display in YAN
When setting up advertising "Yandex Direct" to show on the search you have to use various tricks that increase clickability, thereby reducing the average price per click. And at the same time, you still need to enter your proposal in the ad.
When working with YAN, you will benefit more from the classic knowledge of marketing. Why is that:
- When showing ads on the search, the work comes with a warm and warm audience. In fact, the user compares the offers of different companies.
- It’s more important to create a tempting ad when displaying ads in YAN. Maybe right now the user was not looking for your products or services, but for some reason your ad is shown. And it must comply with the 2nd rules. First - the ad should make you want to click and find out what's next. And the second - on the site should be relevant information to the ad.
Let's go to the setting:
In order from top to bottom:
- "Ad Group Name" doesn’t affect anything, call it as it suits you. Why not "ad name"? Learn more.
- The checkbox "Mobile ad" allows you to create separate ad units for display on tablets and mobile.
- Type of announcement. I recommend using Text-image ads. The image ad is essentially a banner. Banners almost always have a lower clickable rate, usually they are used for branding and audience coverage.
- "Heading 1" and "Heading 2" - attention is paid to these blocks. It is they who together with the picture are able to draw attention to your ad. Note that "Title 2" is often not shown, so it should not carry the main message.
- "Text ads" - here you explain why go to your site.
- "Link". An interesting point - you can advertise even other people's sites, if only the link was working.
- The image should attract attention as much as possible. Sometimes it is better vyrviklazny font, for which the view will catch, than a typical picture from photo stock like everyone else. About the video instead of the image I do not write, the tool is still in beta. My opinion will be too much like a banner, the clickability will be lower.
- "Display Link" and "Quick Links". It is good if these blocks contain subject token queries or additional reasons to click on an advertisement. For an online store it can be blocks "Warranty X years" "Delivery in 3 days" "Bag to the laptop as a gift." For the service - "30 days free", "3 days until the end of the 30% discount", etc.
Before you go further, make sure that in different formats the ad looks attractive.
If you carefully read about the settings, you remember that the first field in this window is called "Ad Group Name". You can create several ads in the group, which will differ slightly from each other. After launching advertising and collecting statistics, the system will choose the most clickable option itself.
This must be done necessarily. All people are different, you can only assume that it will hook your audience stronger. And what actually hooks is just to find out by regularly testing various ad options.
An important point. The display of images in the ad begins at a rate of more than 1 ruble. Previously, the minimum threshold was 3 rubles. You can read more about the minimum CPC here.
Settings for the whole group
Next, you need to set the ad conditions for the ad group:
Like any automatic configuration, autotargeting may not work correctly. This setting shows the ad, focusing on its text. Instead of targeting targeted keyword phrases (you may have many effective phrases in your statistics systems with excellent conversion), you’ll show similar phrases.
With key phrases, you can bother much less than for advertising on the search. Usually for a small niche (100-300 thousand queries per month), two-word, three-word, and four-word queries work well.
If negative words you paid maximum attention at the stage of setting up the campaign, you can not fill them at all. The criterion for qualitative filling of minus words is simple - you should end up with a place in the field for negative words.
Conditions for retargeting are set in the field “Conditions for selecting an audience.” I’ll write about them separately later in the article, this is a very important point.
"The maximum cost per click for new and changed display conditions" is only needed if you do not manually assign bids.
"Rate adjustments" are assigned the same way as for the entire campaign.
"Tags" are needed for easy navigation in large advertising campaigns. For example, you have a single retargeting campaign with 100 different ad groups. You can tag them apart. Например, "страница заказа услуги Х", "брошенная корзина" свои варианты.
Цена клика - назначаем ставки
Во вступлении я писал, что одно из преимуществ рекламы в РСЯ - копеечные переходы. Я по опыту знаю, что туристическая ниша в преддверии сезона одна из самых перегретых, особенно для популярных курортов. И что же?
The price is slightly higher than the ruble, so that the advertisement is shown with the image. And even for these pennies, I get an average of 3% of the audience coverage. For a small business that is unable to "digest" a lot of applications, this may be enough.
Many businessmen underestimate the potential of advertising on thematic sites, mistakenly trying on the behavior of all users. “Yes, I haven’t clicked on any of these advertisements in my life,” “It’s probably all bots that click on my money.”
But what the numbers say:
What is advertising in YAN?
- Visits the most.
- The lowest bounce rate.
- In the screenshot this is not visible - but for the selected period, the click price in the YAN was 2 times lower than in the search. (1.7 rubles for YAN against 3.6 rubles for a search).
Moreover, for a specific project, the goal is to visit a specific page of the site. Compare the figures:
I hope you don’t need to convince you to try to advertise in YAN. I will give a few recommendations on the appointment of rates:
- Start with small numbers. For 300 rubles a day, you can get both 30 visits (10 rubles per click), and 200 (and a half rubles).
- Raise the rate in two cases. The first one suits you all, but I would like more visitors (assuming that the current rate gives coverage to less than 100% of the audience). The second - very few impressions and clicks, which means that you set the price per click significantly lower than the market.
- Freebies and templates are not here. What works for you may not work for me. In the example above, clicks are cheaper than two rubles give visitors, and you may not have them at 15-30 rubles per click. Try, experiment.
Should UTM tags be placed in YAN ads?
If you are not analyzing the data you get from tags, this is a lot of work. For example, tags can be put in additional links for ads to track the most effective. UTM tags are also needed to track applications in the CRM system, if you have one. There is no sense just to put "to be", there are very detailed reports on advertising on search and in YAN in Yandex.Metrica.
How much does advertising in Yandex.Direct cost? Budget calculation and forecast of applications
You can build a preliminary forecast if you know the conversion of your site. Most often, advertising traffic is different up to 2 times for better or for worse. It depends on the niche and convenience of the site.
To make the forecast more accurate - unscrew the advertisement in YAN to 2-3 thousand rubles. Even in expensive niches for the money you are likely to get more than 100 transitions to the site. For example, in PVC windows in Moscow:
You need to understand that you have to unscrew these 2-3-5-7 thousand rubles to get basic data. Yes, you can have information on the effectiveness of search traffic, traffic from social networks and newsletters. But with the data on the effectiveness of advertising traffic, they do not match. From personal experience, there is almost always a spread of 2-5 times.
Consider it further. For example:
- For 2,000 rubles you received 1,000 conversions per month, the conversion of advertising traffic into applications is 1%. That is, you received 10 applications. The cost of one application - 100 rubles, it suits you.
- It turns out that in order to receive not 10, but 100 applications, you need to invest 20,000 rubles? Not really. In YAN operates an auction system. This means that more audience reach will have to pay more.
The screenshot above shows that at a rate of 2 rubles we would get an average audience coverage of 2.75%. (Those same 1,000 transitions for 2 000 rubles). Let's estimate the average budget that is needed to reach 20% of the audience.
I already thought for you that, on average, the price of a click would be about 11 rubles. So, for 10,000 transitions you will need to pay 110,000 rubles. If the audience is similar, we get about 100 applications. The cost of one application is 1 100 rubles. 10-11 times more expensive.
That is why it is not necessary to extrapolate the results of advertising 10 or more times. The allowable limit for the assumptions is doubling. I saw a lot of advertising campaigns with merged budgets, made on assumptions like "for 1000 rubles we received 3 applications and earned 10,000, we urgently need to extrude 100,000 into advertising, look at why we have everything in the red."
There may be completely different numbers in your niche. Up to the point that YAN will not work at all, and advertising on the search will pay off many times. Need to try and count.
- You start advertising for a small amount, 2-3 thousand rubles.
- Get the result.
- Draw conclusions.
- If successful, increase the amount by 2-3 times. In case of failure, analyze what can be done better and go to the first paragraph.
Topics where YAN can bring leads for pennies
Even in very expensive and competitive niches, you can find requests that will lead to the site of 100-150 people for 1000 rubles. Under what conditions is advertising likely to give an application for a penny?
- There are no 100 websites in your category, each of which offers exactly the same thing, but is 3 rubles cheaper.. For example, in a niche "artificial reservoirs" where budgets can be with 5-6 zeros, the cost of a click in YAN may be penny (literally below the ruble per click). And in the subject of "yarn" with a check of 2,000 rubles, clicks can be 5 rubles each.
- Your site sells well. This means a stable purchase conversion of 2-5% and higher.
- There are at least a hundred or other thematic non-commercial sites where your target audience sits. Forums, blogs, portals, etc. Otherwise, your ad will simply have nowhere to show. Rather, it will appear on non-thematic sites, the cost of a click will be cheap, so your ads will not be in priority. You can search for such projects and evaluate their quality in various ratings.
- Little competition in advertising. You can roughly estimate the number of advertisers by specifying the basic queries of the subject in the search for ads:
Search by ad available link
Most often, a large number of advertisers in the search (50 or more) means competition in the YAN. When, according to the basic inquiries, there are 10-15 advertisers, the price of a click to the YAN rarely exceeds 5-10 rubles.
And the most important thing is testing on a small budget. This is for advertising on the search, you can predict conversions to the site and, based on the conversion of the site, approximately estimate the number of targeted hits. When advertising in networks it will not work. The reason is simple - you can’t guess how many times your ads will show. Usually it is thousands and tens of thousands of hits. Without real tests you will not know how attractive your advertisement is. Every hundredth, and maybe every ten thousandth, can go through advertising.
According to the above, you can only indirectly assess whether advertising in the YAN will be of interest to you. But you will get accurate data only by spending a few thousand rubles on tests.
Run and test
Using the instructions for setting up you can already create and run advertising in the YAN and get the first data for your business.
Then there will be advice that will allow you with the same effort to get more applications for the same money. This advice is to constantly test ads. Remember, in the settings you can create several ads in the group, and the system will choose the most effective for you? If you do not plan to create dozens and hundreds of campaigns for tens of thousands of different requests, this tool will be useful only for the first test advertising campaign. And here is the reason:
And I think that for business the best option is the one that brought more money. Therefore, you can leave the testing to algorithms by advertising the system only when you have advertising that pays off many times and you just need to drive more visitors to the site at any cost. Unfortunately, this happens rarely.
In other cases, it is better to test weekly if it is permissible for your business. For example, testing an order for Santa Claus week by week is unacceptable, the time for collecting orders in this niche is only 4-6 weeks.
Testing involves changing a single element in the ad to see which option works best. We build hypotheses, for example:
- Which image is more attractive, a photo of a hotel with a swimming pool or a photo of a beach?
- Which quick links are better, with guarantees and discounts or with the main sections of the site?
- What is better, a discount for the annual subscription to the gym or a free first lesson?
Then 2 different campaigns are configured with these differences, each one is shown weekly. Based on the results, consider the profits (or losses). On the third week, you leave to spin more effective advertising, and you think about what you can change and show in the fourth week. You can continue indefinitely. With a systematic approach such tests often turn out to increase the return on advertising several times.
I recommend to show imagination and test not only the elements of ads. Test campaign settings. Experiment with the time of the show, with the age and sex of the audience.
The most important thing is to approach the test wisely. Here are some examples of how not to do it:
- For delivery of flowers, compare the weeks from February 12 to 19 and from 20 to 27.
- For delivery of meals, compare advertising before 14:00 and after.
- For gyroscooters and monowheels compare audiences up to 50 years old and over 50 years old.
If you know your target audience and the specifics of your business, you can initially build assumptions that will increase your chances of success at times.
Retargeting is a way to return to the site a visitor who has not performed the targeted action. In topics where decision-making takes a long time, retargeting becomes a cheap and effective way to remind yourself. For example, I analyzed sites in the niche of low-rise construction, these are townhouses and cottages. I had the imprudence to do it in a non-private browser mode and under my Yandex account. What do I see now, going into the mail?
This is an example of retargeting. Announcements are shown by the condition "went to the site and did not leave a request for a cottage".
Why use retargeting? Let's take a situation when the niche is overheated, thematic sites are not very many. For example, loans or mortgages. The price per click in YAN may be 10 and 30 rubles. There are a lot of advertisers, and there are orders of magnitude less websites about credit products than websites with recipes, various forums, and, in general, websites with casual content that they come to play.
So, these sites usually show either behavioral advertising (based on recent user requests for a certain period), or retargeting. And a click on a retargeting ad about a mortgage on the forum of young mothers will be several times cheaper, for example, 5 rubles. And with such a bid, this ad will not even be shown on the portal about banking products, because the number of ad units is limited, and there are many who want to pay per click and 30.
With retargeting, you can return visitors to the site at a price possibly lower than the cost of their first visit. And put them on before buying or ordering.
How to set up retargeting?
The easiest way to retarget is to set up a separate campaign, following the same principles as a regular YAN campaign. Then you will know exactly how well your retargeting works.
In the ad settings in the "Retargeting and audience selection" block, you specify a combination of conditions according to which this ad will be shown. Conditions can be very different:
- The user went to the page "basket" and did not go to the page "thanks for the order" (abandoned basket).
- The user logged on to the site, spent more than 5 minutes on it, but did not reach the goal of “filling out the application form” (it is clear that the site was interested, but you did not get the lead).
- The user went to the site (this is exactly the kind of advertisement that has been going on for weeks everywhere if you ever visited a large online clothing store, for example).
Conditions can be very different, but for some of them you need to set up goals in the Metric. Targets need to be set up for those user actions that you cannot track in regular reports.
Previously, for retargeting conditions, it was necessary to conjure with combinations of targets, now everything is easier. In Yandex.Metrica, any report can be saved as a segment, and already be used for retargeting conditions. For example:
Now you can set the condition for displaying “Looked basket” for an ad, but did not look at the page “thanks for order”
It is very convenient that for each such condition you can see the predicted number of possible visitors. If the amount is less than 10, the condition is probably too tricky.
What conditions to assign for your business - you decide.
How to check the performance of the performer, if you give the setting and outsourcing?
In fact, all of the increase in advertising efficiency comes down to disabling inefficient sites and constant testing. If an agency or freelancer is advertising you, write the following points:
- Recommended campaign settings (this is where you can waste money due to a couple of checkboxes turned on or off).
- List of requests and negative keywords for approval - optional. If you contact the professionals, you yourself will learn about new queries in your business. I recommend to still control this moment. With my own eyes I saw an advertisement made in one of the top studios. There are just 50 of the most expensive niche requests just spinning for six months. No tests, no query expansion - nothing was done.
- How often is testing performed and what kind of work is included in it.
- What is included in campaign management (usually this is an expansion of groups of requests, stopping of ineffective phrases, screening of inefficient sites, adding retargeting conditions).
And the most important thing is reporting. In addition to the beautiful graphs of site traffic growth and overall failure rate, it will be good to receive data from one or two of the above points. If the performer must provide you with the results of the tests - they will need to be carried out. You can also easily verify that some sites or negative keywords have actually been added.
And it is important for the customer not to have a false idea that everything can be improved infinitely. Ineffective sites and minus words can be many in the first 2 months, then they will either be few or almost not. This is normal. In any case, in 2-3 months you will already understand the effectiveness of advertising in YAN for your business.
If it works - just test different options, for sure something will improve. If it does not work, look for the reason and decide whether to try again or not.
First, examples of weak ads:
- The picture seemed to have taken the first one that came from the search for “Yandex” by the pictures for the query “electrician”.
- This should be a very large apartment, if there are more than 30 electrical cables in it in different directions.
- As in case 1, the picture “something about the electrician” is also cropped because they didn’t look at how it looks in different ad formats.
- Image resolution leaves much to be desired. The text almost does not cling. No facts (more than 2000 positions, prices from 100 rubles), no emotions (want an amazing retro-style design?).
- If you want to place a non-contrast text, you need to use a stroke. By the way, text is allowed on images if it does not occupy a significant part of the image.
- Again the picture.
And this "Turnkey". He is everywhere. Just to see the announcement “let's start doing eletriku and not finish it,” “we’ll just stretch the wires, then somehow you’re on your own” This stamp (as well as "quality", "fast"), it is better not to use it.
Once again I will draw your attention to the image. No wonder they say that it is better to see 1 time. With few exceptions, good and high-quality real life photos work better than images from photostock or cliparts.
And here are the good ads:
- Quality photo. It harmonizes with the announcement (curtains + bed covers, as in the photo), it clings emotionally (make your bedroom bright!).
- Just beat the facts. GOST, its production, the price is indicated (cutting off those to whom it is expensive, there will be no extra clicks), without intermediaries, they themselves will deliver.
- The limitation of the action in terms of installation 1 day, this photo.
- Out of curiosity, I almost clicked to find out what kind of presents in April. It worked in contrast - other ads about cottages did not have any gifts. And the detuning is right away. Compare - "Elite village", "Its own gymnasium" and "Super cheap" "School is near."
How to create an ad that you want to click? Just ask yourself a question, would you click on your ad yourself, or is it the same as everyone else, plus or minus?
The article turned out great, so briefly about the important:
- Advertising in YAN can cost a penny in fairly expensive topics.
- On substandard sites, reduction factors work, and you pay even less for clicks on them than usual.
- The audience of the search for "Yandex" and partner sites intersects by about 30%, some of your clients can only be reached through YAN.
- The subject of business is everything. There are niches where at least break, but advertising will never pay off. And vice versa, there are niches where from the first clumsy attempt, income is several times higher than advertising expenses.
- A few wrong checkboxes in your campaign setup can drain your money. Check the settings.
- Know your target audience and set up multipliers for it.
- Negative words do not happen much.
- Check the quality of ads, especially images. Avoid stamps and hackneyed phrases. Facts and emotional announcements work well.
- Do not click, ads with pictures are shown at a click price of 1 ruble. Даже в дешевых нишах лучше поставить ставку больше рубля, так как кликабельность рекламы с картинкой в разы выше.
- Даже в дорогих нишах можно получить свою долю посетителей при низкой ставке.
- Иногда посетители из РСЯ гораздо интереснее для бизнеса, чем посетители из рекламы на поиске "Яндекса".
- Прогнозировать переходы и заказы можно очень приблизительно, для точной информации нужно запускать тестовую кампанию.
- Тестировать объявления лучше вручную, а не встроенным инструментом объявлений.
- Ретаргетинг нужно использовать обязательно.
- If you give advertising to the contractor - be sure to check that this is your money. The "I paid, let it all be" approach does not work here. Without regular interaction with performers constantly improve the results of advertising will not work.
- Look at the websites that are thematic for your business and on them; you will immediately see how to do it and how not to.
- If you do not use Google Analytics or CRM for which you need UTM tags, you can not use them.
- Constantly test ads. You can always improve something.
I hope the material was useful to you. If you have questions - ask them in the comments, I will answer with pleasure.